Customer complaints are inevitable, regardless of how you streamline your marketing techniques. With increased social media presence, more companies are realizing the benefits of a help desk to enable them to flag and quickly respond to posts and mentions. Many business owners see complaint management as a time-consuming and frustrating process. However, by generating an adequate cloud help desk system and following these six steps, complaints can be resolved quickly and easily.
1. Act fast. It is tempting to put off returning an email or responding to a post or mention from a dissatisfied client, but early responses show a genuine commitment to your company. Most people do not take the time and trouble to complain, so if they do and hear nothing, they assume that you do not plan to address the situation.
2. Listen and learn. Giving unhappy customers the opportunity to talk without interruption shows understanding, concern and allows you to break through generalizations to uncover the facts. Make sure that you understand the circumstances to show that you appreciate what will help resolve the problem.
3. Apologize. Apologize for any confusion that happened, regardless of whether it was the fault of the customer or your firm. Choose your battles wisely. Even if the consumer is wrong, you do not want to lose their business. Of course, if your company is at fault, do not hesitate to take full responsibility. Stay friendly, open and thank the customer for bringing the issue to your attention.
4. Stay cool. Regardless of how reasonable you are, some angry customers are beyond calming down. However, sometimes all people want is a chance to vent their anger and frustration. Try to isolate the problem from the resolution.
5. Make it right. Often customers do not care about the cause of a problem; they just want to know what you plan to do about it. Once you clarify the compensation that the customer expects, do what you say you will do and make sure that it is done right. If customers have trouble communicating the precise nature of they complaint or how they want to resolve it, help them evaluate the pros and cons of several different solutions. Be sure to encourage more feedback.
6. Follow up. If you have not heard from the patron in a week or two, make sure to reach out to them. For instance, if you sent an apology letter with a gift certificate, try to determine if they have returned to the store and most importantly, how the interaction went. If you apologized via a social media post and did not hear back, follow up to see if there is something more that you can do to guarantee that they are pleased with your customer service. Although the criticism may have originated from a singular, isolated episode, you should make every attempt to recognize what can be done to prevent it from occurring again.
Finding Amenable Solutions
Unfortunately, preventing poor customer experiences is not always possible. However, by handling complaints promptly and adequately with a helpdesk solution that actually works, we make it possible to salvage adverse situations. Contact Cayzu today for help turning a grievance into an opportunity to outperform expectations and strengthen consumer loyalty.